If you are looking for a blog where the author has all the right answers and has it all together, then you are in the wrong place.
But, If you are looking for someone who will be honest about their struggles but is still hopeful, you are in the right place.
We live in a broken world, with broken people, and all I want is to be a little less broken today than I was yesterday.
I’m Darrell Proctor, a writer and speaker addressing the issues men face in our changing culture.
I am driven to love others well, especially individuals who feel abandoned by society and the Church.
I am a strategic thinker and a lifelong learner. I see the similarities in our stories, and this helps me to pursue ideas and strategies that lead to restored relationships.
Together, we will discover how we can do a better job loving ourselves and others.
We will learn how to advocate for those in need, identify and seek healing for our wounds, and to discuss the #MeToo movement without causing additional harm.
I believe that learning to love ourselves, others, and God is the key to a meaningful and joyful life.
My Personal Background
- I have been happily married for 37 years to my wife.
- I have an adult son and daughter who bring me great pride and joy.
- I am an avid DC Comics TV addict (The Flash, Batwoman, etc.). I attend a church where my superhero shirts are welcomed.
- I love humor, and I am often put on JOKE PROBATION by those who know me best.
- I am an introvert with exceptional social skills that I learned from my father.
My Professional Background
- I am licensed and ordained for the ministry and certified as a Stephen Minister.
- I have worked with hurting people for over 35 years in the Dallas, Texas area.
- I currently serve as a volunteer Area Director of Life-groups at the Chase Oaks Woodbridge campus.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts in Religion and Philosophy from Dallas Baptist University. I have completed some course work at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in the Religious Education program.